Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Makes 12 servings
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 medium/large zucchini)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 330 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, honey, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, mixing until well combined.
5. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips until both are even distributed throughout the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a toothpick inserted in the middle and comes out clean).
7. Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before taking it out of the loaf pan.
8. Cool completely before slicing.