Yesterday I turned 24 🙂 I love my family and friends so much. They always make me feel so special on my birthday!
So here’s a little recap of 24 things about me/what I did on my 24th birthday!
1. I was born June 19, 1989 at 7:55 pm at 7 lbs 7 oz.
2. I ate my breakfast on the “special red plate”. In my family, if it’s anyones birthday, graduation, got a job.. anything exciting, they eat of the special red plate that day. I enjoyed an everything bagel with cream cheese, lox, and tomato. This is not an everyday kind of breakfast, so it was a nice treat.
3. I worked on my tan a little and sat out by the pool and read some magazines.
4. I’m trying to work hard on my tan for the wedding I am in that is less than a month away! I don’t want to be all pasty white standing next to the beautiful bride. (Hi Steph!) I am one of the lucky ones, that if I do burn, it will eventually turn tan. I rarely peel.
5. I feel so special when I get a bunch of facebook/texts/emails from my friends. My friend, Michelle, posted a funny picture of us when we were babies. Can you guess which ones me? haha
6. Adrian and I got some lunch and had a little picnic. I got my favorite chicken salad from a local cafe/bakery.
7. Then we went for an hour hike on some local trails.
8. I almost face planted twice because I wasn’t watching where I was going/footing on the rocks because I was too caught up in the scenery.
9. Confession: Adrian and I both admitted that we rather do activities like hiking, camping, mini golf, etc. rather than going out late at night.
10. After hiking I needed a little nap. The best naps are when Charlie cuddles with me.
11. My mom always makes a dessert for our birthdays. I’m not your typical birthday girl. I prefer this delicious apple crisp made with oats and peanut butter over cake any day. Counts toward my fruit intake for the day right?
12. I had a softball game last night. Our team name is the Bad News Beers. Its a fun beer league. The rule is if you strike out, you owe the team a bottle of liquor. I play second base!
13. I struck out last game.. oops. Instead of bringing a bottle of liquor, I brought cookies. Cookie or a shot of liquor? I’ll take a cookie please.
14. My friend Katelin also brought mini cupcakes and cookies to the game for my birthday. Lots of goodies (and beer) at the game!
15. We got back from the game around 9ish and I was hungry for dinner! Adrian and I loveeee sushi, so he got an salmon avocado roll for an appetizer.
16. Adrian raves about this Mediterranean/Turkish restaurant by his house. We got take out of chicken kebabs, shepherd’s salad (which was pretty much cucumber and tomato salad with mozzarella cheese), a falafel platter, and babaganoush with pita bread.
17. The falafels were really good, but I haven’t found a place like by school that had the best falafels ever. Speaking about school, I miss my friends Tori and Teresa so much! We all live in different areas now, so we don’t get to see each other as often.
18. Adrian surprised me with this awesome gift. Maybe one day I can become a NY Giants RD/personal chef? Dream job right there!
19. I am a crazy Gaints fan and Adrian is a crazy Eagles fan… Just want to throw in there that the giants/eagles game we went to last season the Giants won 🙂
20. My sisters got me the Middle Sister wines. I definitely have middle child syndrome. haha
21. As a kid, I never used to like opening presents when there were a lot of people watching me like at birthday parties.
22. Since yesterday I had a softball game, I am celebrating my birthday tonight with my family. We are going out to dinner.
23. And to top it off, Adrian made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cupcakes.. My favorite!
24. Overall this was a very HAPPY birthday. I am very excited to see what year 24 will bring my way.