Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope everyone has fun plans today. Mine include a parade in the morning, BBQ in the afternoon, and fireworks at night 🙂 I am bringing this fruit tart to the BBQ today! I love how pretty it came out!
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free too 🙂
Makes 16 servings
10 oz pitted dates
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 3/4 cup coconut milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine the cornstarch and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add the coconut milk, stirring continuously. Heat until thickened and bubbly.
2. Temper the egg yolks into the coconut mixture by pouring 1 cup of the mixture into the egg yolks, then gradually whisk the egg/cream mixture back into the pot. Bring to a slow boil.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla.
4. Pour the cream mixture into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
5. While the filling is cooling, make the crust by putting the pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
6. Add in the dates and cranberries. Pulse until it forms clumps in the food processor.
7. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch tart pan. Put in the refrigerator until the cream mixture is ready.
8. Slice fruit and assemble in a pattern of your choice.
9. Melt apricot jam on the stove and glaze on tart for a shiny finish (optional).