Looking for a healthier potato salad? Instead of fattening mayo laden traditional potato salad, try this healthier version with extra vegetables.
Green Bean Potato Salad
Makes 10 servings
1 pounds red potatoes
1 pound green beans
2 ears of corn, shucked
1 lemon (or 2 tbsp lemon juice)
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook potatoes until fork tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and cut into cubes. Let cool.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil and cook green beans for 2-3 minutes. Drain and “shock” green beans by putting them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process, and green beans remain crisp.
3. Boil corn in a pot stove top until tender, or grill corn until tender. Cut the corn off the cob.
4. Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss in the potatoes, green beans, and corn until coated.
5. Let the potato salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let all the flavors marinate.