Skip the heavy sauces and try this summer ratatouille using fresh vegetables to lighten up your dinner during the summer.
Makes 6 servings
1 zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced
1 yellow squash, cut lengthwise and sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound of campanelle pasta (or any other pasta)
2 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
2. Combine the olive oil and and garlic in a small bowl. Place the zucchini, squash, and tomatoes on the baking sheets. Brush the olive oil on the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside the remaining olive oil.
3. Cook vegetables in the oven about 5-7 minutes until tender.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions.
5. When the pasta is drained and still hot, toss in the vegetables, remaining olive oil, italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper.