Hello Fall gorgeous weather. This morning I went on a 5 mile charity hike with a few friends and the scenery was absolutely amazing. It was a beautiful brisk morning.
Now that the weather is getting a bit chillier, all I am craving are roasted root vegetables. I feel like parsnips do not get the attention they need. They are so tasty and good for you packing in dietary fiber, folate, potassium, and vitamin C.
Almond Butter Crusted Parsnips
Makes 4 servings
3 parsnips, peeled
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the parsnips into even sticks.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond butter. Stir in olive oil, cinnamon, and cumin.
4. Toss the parsnips with the almond butter mixture.
5. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.