Make these for a quick healthy breakfast. Grab a piece of fruit and a glass of milk to make it a balanced meal.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the pan with muffin tins or coat with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla, and banana. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill the muffin tins and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
(Nutrition Facts based on Calorie Count)