It’s that time of the month again for Recipe ReDux!
Makes 5 cups
5 cups pecans
2 egg whites
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and water until frothy. Mix in the pecans and toss until coated. Pour the sugar mixture on the pecans and toss until combined.
4. Pour the nuts, evenly, on the prepared baking sheet, spread in an even, flat layer.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Let cool and put into little glass jars for gifts. Remaining pecans, store in an airtight container.
Decorate the jar with some ribbon, stickers, gift tags, etc.
Check out the other recipes made by Recipe ReDux members: