A dinner that can be whipped up in one pan with minimal ingredients definitely makes it on the weeknight dinner menu quite often. This recipe is fresh, simple, and healthy. Enjoy it as is, or add on a bed of arugula, rice or pasta.
Add this simple one pan dinner to your weeknight dinner menu.
Tomato Saute with Chicken
Makes 4 servings
salt and pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 scallions, chopped
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the chicken until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to separate plate.
3. Add the tomatoes to the pan and saute with remaining oil from the pan, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to burst.
4. Add chicken broth and simmer until reduced by half.
5. Stir in the scallions and oregano. Put chicken back in the pan and serve.
(nutrition facts based on calorie count)