This recipe is for all the bacon lovers out there. I personally do not like bacon. (I know.. the honorrrr!!) One of my clients I cook for is a big bacon lover, so I decided to incorporate into a dinner instead of just adding it to the side to a morning breakfast platter. Everything in moderation right?
Tired of plain baked chicken? Spruce it up BLT style.
“BLT” Stuffed Chicken
Makes 4 servings
2 large (8 oz) chicken breasts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice both chicken breast in the middle, not all the way through, to make a pocket for the filling. Sprinkle the inside with pepper.
3. Dice 2 pieces of the bacon. Over medium heat cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside on a piece of paper towel to soak some of the fat.
4. In the same pan, add the onion, and cook until translucent. Then add the tomatoes and spinach until spinach has wilted. Add the bacon back in and toss together to incorporate.
5. Take the bacon, spinach mixture and stuff it into the chicken. With the remaining bacon, wrap wrap it around the stuffed bacon to hold it together. Sprinkle with pepper.
6. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
(nutrition facts based on calorie count – 1/2 stuffed chicken breast)