It’s that time of month for the Recipe ReDux theme recipe! What were all the Recipe Redux-ers up to this month?
A Play on Patties: While St. Patty’s Day will be over by the time The Recipe ReDux rolls around this month, we’re celebrating the ‘patty’ all month long. We’ve seen images of stacked patties go crazy on food photo sharing sites like HealthyAperture.com; so stack ‘em up! Think healthy tuna burgers, potato patties, or veggie stacks.
Honestly, right now I have been so busy, I just remembered tonight about Recipe ReDux. It’s quite alright because I has just the ingredients I needed to whip up a tasty “patty”.
Spinach & Feta Turkey Burger
Makes 4 patties
1 pound ground turkey breast
2 cups spinach, chopped
1/3 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup panko
salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, spinach, feta cheese, panko, egg, salt, & pepper until all ingredients are distributed throughout the turkey.
3. Form turkey into 6 patties.
4. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and put over medium-high heat. Add the turkey burgers to the pan to sear both sides. Transfer the burgers to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
5. Assemble you burger on a whole wheat bun and healthy toppings.
(nutrition facts based on calorie count)
Look what the other Recipe ReDux members made this month: